The overall program objective is to facilitate the process of transforming a candidate with accounting and other related business knowledge into an accounting professional. Thus, the curriculum for this Master's program equips candidates to practice in an interdisciplinary and global context. The MPAcc program aims to transform candidates into accounting professionals through . . .
- an interdisciplinary & global focus.
- organizational study.
- advanced knowledge development.
- skill enhancement.
- research experience.
- professional practice exposure.
In addition the program;
- extends the candidate's knowledge in areas of organizational study such as the business environment, financial management, strategic management, information systems, and entrepreneurship
- develops advanced knowledge in traditional areas of practice, such as assurance, financial reporting, and taxation.
- develops to a professional level the basic skills acquired in an undergraduate program.
- provides candidates with exposure to aspects of professional practice through various forms of interaction with the professional accounting and business community, including allowing for a period of "on site" employment.
- equips candidates with research skills appropriate to the task of defining, investigating, sourcing relevant data and information, analysing and preparing recommendations on the resolution of accounting related business problem.