Masters Certificate in Business Analysis
|Masters Certificate in Business Analysis (Regina)|
York University's Schulich School of Business and University of Saskatchewan's Edwards School of Business come together to provide Canada's most respected business analysis program...THE MASTER'S CERTIFICATE IN BUSINESS ANALYSIS...Now graduating over 1,800 participants per year!
Introduction & Background:
The Masters Certificate in Business Analysis equips you with the knowledge and techniques to plan, elicit, communicate, analyze, model, validate and manage user requirements through the project life cycle. The result: projects with cost savings, accurate time to market, and most importantly, solutions that meet the organization’s business needs.
The program consistently builds the knowledge and skills necessary to become a competent, confident and sought-after Business Analyst - a role that is now recognized as critical to creating successful business solutions and satisfied customers.
Why Choose The Masters Certificate in Business Analysis?
The Masters Certificate in Business Analysis program is built around the
“Business Analysis Body of Knowledge” (BABOK™) of the International Institute of
Business Analysis (IIBA).
Our curriculum covers all six (6) knowledge areas which are tested in the IIBA certification exam:
Our master’s certificate training curriculum appreciates the value of time constraints in today’s business environment. The course schedule is fast-tracked towards completion within five months, requiring a time commitment of only 2-4 business days plus 1-2 weekend days per month over this period. It is an innovative scheduling approach that's fair to both the employer and the employee.
Results-Oriented Practical Learning
Participants benefit from practical learning, including the methodology of business analysis as well as the skills necessary to succeed on the job. Courses are dynamic and thorough as well as interactive. They will help the student to learn to apply the principles and techniques of business analysis in realistic situations.
Top Calibre Instruction
Our seminar leaders are working professionals like you. They are able to apply real-world experiences to their teaching. Each of them is a top industry professional and a leading independent consultant specializing in business analysis. They make use of case studies and simulations to ensure learned skills are put into practice.
Preparation for CBAP® Certification and the Exam
Your Masters Certificate is considered by most business analysis professionals as one step before the CBAP® Certification process through the International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA®). Program participants will be fully prepared to write the IIBA® exam immediately following the program.
Convenient Program Format
Our program consists of a short assignment handed out after each class creating about two hours of homework over the two weeks between classes. Each of these assignments is used to put learned concepts into practice immediately, and prepare you to complete the project simulation. A final test is administered at the end of the program covering material taught throughout the program. This test is meant to give all students an idea of the material that they have retained and some of the areas that they may need to review at a later date.
Enrollment Bonus - Receive a Personal Tablet PC!
Receive a complimentary tablet PC to use during the course - and keep afterwards!
- 'Go green' as you receive and manage your learning materials paperlessly, while enjoying enhanced note-taking convenience.
- Stay connected with fellow participants and interact in our online community forum, featuring news, insights and commentary from faculty, industry experts and former students.
Who Should Attend?
The Masters Certificate in Business Analysis is ideal for:
- Business Analysts from all industries who are responsible for identifying, analyzing and managing business requirements, analyzing business processes and recommending solutions.
- Business Analysts and their Managers who are new to the role
- Business Analysts who lack formal training and need to close the gaps in their background
- Business or IT professionals who want to move into the Business Analyst role
- Project Managers
- Quality Assurance professionals
While we have not established a firm set of prerequisites for the program, it would be beneficial if participants have one of the following:
- At least one year of business analysis experience, or
- Completion of a 2 - 3 day introductory business analysis course within the last 2 years
Top 6 Reasons to Take this Program:
- Expand and confirm the knowledge, tasks and techniqued of an effective Business Analyst
- Become a creative, innovative and critical thinker
- Master the communication, analytical and modelling practices throughout the project life cycle
- Share and network with other business analysts
- Advance your career in business analysis
- Prepare for the IIBA certification process
Professional Development Units
Attendees at this program are entitled to 126 Professional Development Units (PDUs) from the Project Management Institute, Inc. upon completion.
PROGRAM AT A GLANCE
|Module 1: 1 Day
Program Introduction and Business Analysis Framework*
|Module 2: 2 Days
|Module 3: 2 Days
Creativity and Critical Thinking*
|Module 4: 2 Days
Planning, Validating and Managing User Requirements*
|Module 5: 2 Days
Communications Input: Questioning, Listening, Facilitating
and Managing Conflict*
|Module 6: 2 Days
Eliciting User Requirements*
|Module 7: 3 days
Modeling the Business Problem and Solution*
|Module 8: 2 Days
Communications Output: Planning, Writing and Presenting*
|Module 9: 2 Days
Closing & Project Simulation
*These modules qualify for PDU credits from PMI®.
Free Online Webinar:
Schulich Executive Education Centre offers monthly online one-hour information sessions for The Masters Certificate in Business Analysis.
The webinar will provide you with an overview of the program, its structure and allows you to ask questions you may have regarding the program. View the webinar schedule and register for an upcoming session today!
$8450 plus GST
- Program fee includes full 9-module program tuition, all teaching materials, tablet PC, lunches and refreshments
- A deposit of $800.00 is required to secure your place in the program
- University of Saskatchewan's liability is limited to reimbursement of paid tuition fee
- Fees subject to change without notice