BAC Program Courses
(1) BAC 11 Introduction to Business - The focus of this course is on integrated organizational decision making. Students will examine case studies providing an integrated analysis across the 6 business disciplines over the 4 stages of an organizational life-cycle.
(2) BAC 14 Business Communications - This course introduces students to the theory and practice of effective business communication for specific audiences and purposes in a changing business environment.
(3) BAC 15 Human Resource Management - This course introduces students to various concepts and tools that will assist in understanding behaviour and enhancing effectiveness in organizations at individual, group and organization-wide levels.
(4) BAC 16 Financial Information for Decision Making - This course examines the use of financial information for decision making. Topics include: Management of working capital, financial decisions involving intermediate and long-term financing, and capital budgeting.
(5) BAC 25 Managerial Marketing - This course will examine the development of marketing strategy, product policy, distribution channels, management of personal selling, promotion policy, pricing policy, and market planning.
(6) Free elective - choose from:
BAC 29 Business Law
BAC 28 Organizational Behaviour
*Or one other University elective at the discretion of the Program Director.
(7) BAC 37 Business Decision Making - This course introduces students to strategic management frameworks for analysis that will assist them in understanding the impact that external policies have upon organizational decision making.
(8) BAC 38 Business Strategy (Capstone) - This course will focus on case histories in policy formulation designed to expose the student to a wide range of business problems involving the examination of a company's opportunities, competencies, aspirations, and responsibilities.
“Every BAC course is applicable to daily business life. Each course was relevant and useful and continues to impact my career on a daily basis. The knowledge I’ve gained has broadened my insight and contributions at work and has strengthened my position as a vital team member.”
- Anna Pacik, College of Nursing