Business Writing & Grammar Workout
|Business Writing & Grammar Workout (Saskatoon, SK)|
May 02, 2017 to May 03, 2017
|Location : K W Nasser Centre (256 - 3rd Avenue South)|
Introduction & Background:
Master the skills of writing clarity, precision, and accuracy to persuade, inform and build important business relationships. You will learn to quickly analyze any communication piece or situation
"This was an excellent course. Jesse was knowledgeable, approachable and easy to understand. This made it easy to stay focused and absorb the material presented. I will highly recommend this program to my co-workers." - Dawn Rau, City of Saskatoon
Key Learning Objectives:
- Choose the most appropriate strategies for communication
- Structure results-oriented correspondence
- Write concise and effective letters and memos
- Replace cliches with meaningful, lively phrases
- Present negative messages positively
- Edit your work and the work of others
- Make better use of your writing time
Works as a Lecturer in English at the University of Saskatchewan, where he obtained his PhD in 2000. Jesse has studied in Ireland and England and has extensive teaching experience. He also worked for ten years as the Editor at Thistledown Press, a literary publisher in Saskatoon, and an Advertising Writer at The Marketing Den. His publications include academic articles on James Joyce, Louise MacNeice and Cormac McCarthy, and he has also published several pieces of creative nonfiction in NewWest Review, of which he was literary editor for several years.
$995 plus GST
- Program fee includes course tuition, all teaching materials, lunches and refreshments.
- University of Saskatchewan's liability is limited to reimbursement of paid tuition fee.
- Participants may withdraw from a course at any time, however, a $200 administration fee will be charged for withdrawing from a course up to 14 days prior to course start date. No course refund will be processed after this time. Non-attendance does not constitute notice of withdrawal.
- Fees subject to change without notice.