Directors Education Program
|Directors Education Program (Saskatchewan)|
Be More Effective as a Director Today!
Please note the Institute of Corporate Directors handles all program applications at:
Tel: 1.877.593.7741 ext. 290 (Hadi Hassani)
Institute of Corporate Directors
2701 - 250 Yonge St.
Better your skills. BETTER YOUR BOARD.
Introduction & Background:
The Directors Education Program (DEP), jointly developed by the Institute of Corporate Directors (ICD) and the University of Toronto's Rotman School of Management is offered nationally at Canada's top business schools.
The Saskatchewan DEP is being coordinated provincially by the Edwards School of Business, University of Saskatchewan and offered in collaboration with the Levene Graduate School of Business, University of Regina. This is the first jointly-delivered, two-city DEP in Canada. The continued growth of Saskatchewan's diverse economic and business landscape highlights the importance of this partnership and offering. Applications are now being accepted. Apply early.
Module I: May 5 - 7, 2017 (Saskatoon)
Module II: June 23 - 25, 2017 (Regina)
Module III: October 13 - 15, 2017 (Regina)
Module IV: November 24 - 26, 2017 (Saskatoon)
Session Code: Saskatchewan DEP 3
Complemented by some of Canada's most accomplished and highly respected directors-in-residence, this 12-day course is taught by leading governance experts delivered in four three-day modules. The program offers experiential learning through breakouts and board simulations tailored to meet the unique needs of Saskatchewan directors of corporate, Crown, co-operative and large not-for profit organizations.
"To me, being a director is synonymous with being a lifelong learner. I recommend the ICD-Rotman Director's Education Program to directors who take their role seriously. The program provides a solid platform for those who strive to meet the test of excellence, performance, and commitment on their boards." - Irene A. Seiferling, BA FEA, ICD.D; President, Board Dynamics Inc.; Director, Primewest Mortgage Corporation, Saskatchewan Jazz Festival, Saskatchewan Law Foundation, Tourism Saskatchewan.
Why the DEP?
Directors are continually challenged by information gaps, time squeezes and the behavioural dynamics that can be encountered in the boardroom. The ICD-Rotman DEP has been specifically designed to help directors overcome these challenges by introducing activities and processes that assist them in fulfilling their role.
- The DEP is the only program of its kind in Canada that bears the seal of the director community itself.
- DEP Alumni are part of a national network of 3,300 directors (including many from Saskatchewan) and almost 9,000 ICD members across Canada.
- A dynamic learning environment rich with peer-to-peer insights, director dilemmas, board and committee simulations, and case studies.
- Acclaimed faculty - Taught by national and local academics, seasoned directors and leading governance experts.
- Flexible scheduling - Modules may be taken in any of the nine cities where the DEP is offered (space permitting).
- First step towards the ICD.D designation upon completion of a written examination and a board meeting simulation chaired and vice-chaired by some of Canada's most senior directors.
- Non-members of the ICD receive a complimentary one-year membership upon application.
"I was impressed that even after many (over 300) board meetings as a director and executive there was more to learn and master. The ICD-Rotman DEP does an excellent job of combining director participants, faculty and practitioners to advance the skill and performance of corporate directors. My time at the program was a great investment." - Marvin F. Romanow, ICD.D; Corporate Director; Advisory Council, Edwards School of Business, University of Saskatchewan
Richard C. Powers, MBA, LL.B
National Academic Director
Directors Education Program & Not-for-Profit Governance Essentials Program, Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto
David R. Beatty, CM, OBE
Chair, Directors Education Program, National Content Working Group, Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto
PLUS Hear from leading governance experts, key local academics and Canada's most accomplished and highly respected directors-in-residence.
For more information or to apply visit: https://www.icd.ca/Courses/Directors-Education-Program.aspx
Jointly developed by:
$17,500 plus GST
- The application fee is $500 + tax*. The program fee is $17,500 for all four modules plus applicable taxes.
- This fee includes tuition, all reading materials, ICD.D examination fees and meals during the program.
- Meals include breakfast, morning break, lunch, afternoon break and beverages throughout the day.
* Application fee for current ICD Members is $250 + tax for individual members and $0 for members via boards.
** Non-members receive a complimentary one-year ICD membership on application to the DEP, valued at $395.