Leadership Development Program
|Leadership Development Program (Saskatoon, SK)|
Apr 25, 2017 to May 23, 2017
|Location : K W Nasser Centre (256 - 3rd Avenue South)|
Introduction & Background:
The people in your organization who are in leadership positions must know how to bring out the best in everyone. Effective leaders are trustworthy, confident, and encourage employees to grow, take risks, and excel in their positions. As leaders are needed at all levels of the organization, the optimal scenario is to have all of your employees take on a leadership role.
The LDP is a highly interactive and experiential program that will teach you the proven leadership practices and skills you need to know to achieve your leadership potential.
Grounded in five core behaviours that Jim Kouzes and Barry Posner identified as critical for effective leadership in their book The Leadership Challenge, participants learn how to Model the Way, Inspire a Shared Vision, Challenge the Process, Enable Others to Act, and Encourage the Heart.
"This course is absolutely empowering with regard to preparing individuals to lead others and themselves" - Jessy Barbas, Greater Saskatoon Catholic Schools
What is it that makes our program exceptional?
- Client Centered Design: LDP was designed through extensive consultation with business and leadership specialists in North America. This program is aligned with today's best leadership knowledge and practices.
- 360 Degree Leadership Assessment: You will complete a 360 degree leadership competency assessment (Leadership Practices Inventory) to help you identify your leadership strengths and gaps.
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI): Learn about your personality type and others through the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI), which describes your personality as a collection of preferences for how you are energized, how you take in information, how you make decisions, and how you choose to relate to the world.
- Innovative Learning Approach: Based on contemporary principles of interactive and experiential learning, LDP builds knowledge and skills through group participation, practice, self-assessments, reflection, and up-to-date materials.
Key Learning Objectives:
- Identify key leadership practices and leadership styles
- Understand the difference between managing and leading
- Effectively lead through transitional times
- Understand personal style and personality traits and how they affect working groups
"I now know what's really important about managing people and I have gained many strategies on how to do it! This course will ensure that the young professionals/supervisors of today grow into effective and respected leaders of tomorrow." - Alan Wallace, City of Saskatoon
Rachelle Brockman, BComm, MBA
Principal of Eureka Experience, is an experienced, award-winning educator, a passionate artist and an enthusiastic entrepreneur. Rachelle is also a Certified Facilitator of the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) and Facilitating Open Couple Communication, Understanding & Study (FOCCUS).
Jack Huntington, BEd, Post Graduate Diploma, Ed Admin
Spent sixteen years in the crown sector of Saskatchewan in a variety of senior positions. Prior to public service, he was a principal in a large professional engineering firm for twelve years. His work experiences have fostered a dedication to establishing a shared vision, managing change within business processes, and team building through leadership.
Ruth Kinzel, PhD, CHRP
A workplace change agent, educator and co-owner of Kinzel Cadrin & Associates, a consulting firm serving a diverse clientele across all sectors. Ruth is a specialist in organizational assessment and development. A scholar-practitioner with over 25 years experience, Ruth's process skills are combined with content expertise in human relations, organizational culture and change, conflict resolution, systems thinking, diversity, leadership and management performance development.
Linda McCann, MA, CHRP
Has worked as a leadership and team development consultant with Linda McCann Consulting for over 30 years. Linda is committed to contributing to the well being of others by helping them connect deeply to themselves and coaching them in moving through difficult challenges. Linda has most recently been training and teaching in the areas of compassionate communication, adaptive leadership and emotional intelligence.
Brent Pederson, MEd, CHRP
Director of Hay Group Operations for SK & MB and Hay Group's Practice Leader - Leadership Development in Western Canada. Brent actively consults with over 50 organizations in any given year, presents at numerous conferences annually and has published several articles. Brent works primarily in the areas of leadership development, succession planning, performance management, assessment, and competency development.
"Do you need to recharge yourself? These sessions will revitalize you and your workplace." - Glenn Nicol, Crestline Coach Ltd.
$3,500 plus GST
- Program fee includes tuition, assessment instructions, handout materials, lunches, a celebration reception and a practical course manual containing proven leadership strategies, techniques and theory
- Special group discount registration rates are available for multiple attendess from the same organization
- Participants may withdraw from this course at any time, however, a $500 administration fee will be charged for withdrawing from the course up to 14 days prior to course start date. No refunds will be processed after this time. Participants may avoid the $500 admin fee by transferring fees to another course, free of charge, provided there is space available. Non-attendance does not constitute notice of withdrawal.
- Fees subject to change without notice