Process Metrics, Management & Controls
|Process Metrics, Management & Controls (Saskatoon, SK)|
Apr 20, 2017 to Apr 21, 2017
|Location : K W Nasser Centre (256 - 3rd Avenue South)|
Imagine improving your organization every day. What would it take for this to occur?
Introduction & Background:
Required Course of the Operational Excellence Certificate
This course is about building a framework for continuous improvement in your organization. You will learn how to build a robust measurement system, apply rigorous problem-solving practices and maintain effective process controls. You will also strengthen the managerial skills and capabilities needed to create a culture of continuous improvement.
By working on your own organization you will construct a visual management system, problem-solve using the scientific method, and practice the leadership behaviours needed to sustain continuous improvement. You will leave with an action plan to create a metrics system, to solve problem scientifically and improve skills and competencies of all employees.
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed for those who want hands-on experience in creating metrics, controls and management actions to establish continuous improvement. Such as:
- Process improvement teams or task forces
- Department heads, managers or supervisors
- Quality and operations professionals
- Organizational executives
- Identify your customers' needs, and set benchmarks to ensure satisfaction
- Construct a metrics system to measure the status of any process in real time
- Address the gap between current performance and target performance
- Comprehend your processes by breaking them down into their component parts
- Use the scientific method to solve problems rationally and proactively
- Establish standard work through job breakdown, job methods and job instruction
- Employ powerful leadership skills to build a culture that values and supports continuous improvement
Charting your Processes
Scientific Problem Solving
Creating a Culture of Continuous Improvement
Assessing your Own Organization
Dan Madison, MBA, CFA
Dan Madison has been a consultant and university instructor for more than 23 years. He is currently Principal of Value Creation Partners, an organizational consulting and training firm. He helps clients increase value through operational improvement, organizational redesign and leadership development.
Prior to his current activities, Dan was a professional money manager, interviewed over 100 corporate officers (CEO’s and CFO’s) of the Fortune 500, and extensively analyzed hundreds of publicly held companies. He has an MBA in Finance (with honors) and is a Chartered Financial Analyst. Dan received his Lean Office Certificate from the University of Michigan.
$1,195 plus GST
- Program fee includes course tuition, all course materials, lunches and refreshment, but not hotel accommodations.
- University of Saskatchewan's liability is limited to reimbursement of paid tuition fees.
- Cancellation received in writing at least 14 days in advance of the course start date will receive a full refund. Written cancellations received less than 14 days prior to the course will be subject to a $200 administration fee. Non-attendance (notification 24 hours or less) will incur full course tuition fee.
- One free transfer is permitted, provided written notice is received at least 14 days in advance of the course start date.