Project Management Course
|Project Management Course (Regina)|
May 10, 2017 to May 12, 2017
|Location : DoubleTree by Hilton (1975 Broad Street)|
|Project Management Course (Saskatoon)|
|Location : K W Nasser Centre (256 3rd Avenue South)|
York University's Schulich School of Business and University of Saskatchewan's Edwards School of Business come together to help you study practical and effective management techniques for the successful execution of any project in THE PROJECT MANAGEMENT COURSE.
Introduction & Background:
This course teaches you how to plan and execute organizational projects on time and on budget...
A project is any unique undertaking which requires a special organization and has stated objectives in terms of scope, time and cost. The Project Management Course takes a comprehensive view of “the total project,” from the planning and organizational stages to the actual implementation stage with special emphasis placed on control and continuous improvement.
Course coverage will include project management systems and will also explore the often neglected human side of Project Management and employee motivation. This is an ideal overview for anyone directly or indirectly involved in project development.
"The Project Management Course at the Edwards School of Business provided a very thorough overview of the project management cycle. An excellent course both for an introduction to project management or as a refresher. The course was catered to individuals from diverse industries and drew on a variety of backgrounds and experiences which provided a comprehensive understanding of the breadth of project management applications in the modern workplace." - Yarnel Bender, National Research Council of Canada
Who Should Attend?
Today's fast-paced business environment demands that managers have formal project management training. This course if vital for:
- New managers and project managers
- Those undertaking unique projects
- Corporate department heads
- Senior executives with business planning responsibilities
- Systems, manufacturing and operations personnel
- Engineering professionals
- Technology and research managers
Key Learning Objectives:
- Essential PM terminology that will help enable you to communicate effectively with your peers
- The phases of the project cycle
- How to maintain control of time, scope, quality and costs
- Understanding key stakeholder roles and responsibilities
- Effective ways to monitor and control your projects
- How to establish and use the proper communication channels
- Develop early warning systems by tracking and measuring progress
- How to closeout your project, gather lessons learned and implement best practices on future projects
"Thanks for a great three days! I learned lots of good material that will be applicable in my role." - Colleen Stewart, Saskatoon Health Region
Kathryn Pottruff, PMP, MSPM
As President of Pottruff Consulting Inc., Kathryn helps individuals and organizations drive profitable growth by improving how projects, programs, and portfolios are managed. Whether she is giving a keynote address, conducting a workshop, working with managers to bring about needed organizational change or guiding executives in making strategic decisions, Kathryn is well known for her ability to take a complex situation and quickly come up with a creative solution.
Sandra Martyn, PMP
Sandi is President of The Martyn Group, a consulting company specializing in project management training, project design and implementation. She has over 20 years of experience managing projects in all categories including construction, information systems, production, financial, transportation, and public sector. Sandi has successfully instructed and coached thousands of managers to improve their project planning and management skills.
"As a professional, the 3-Day Project Management Course provided me with the tool kit I need to manage projects effectively." - Dale Amerud, University of Saskatchewan
Gold Seal Certification:
This course is accredited by the Canadian Construction Association offering 3 Gold Seal credits towards Gold Seal Certification.
Professional Development Units:
PLUS, receive 21 Professional Development Units (PDUs) towards your PMI Continuing Certification Requirements from the Project Management Institute, Inc. upon completion.
Edwards School of Business is proud to partner with one of the leading business school's in Canada, Schulich School of Business to provide this 3-Day Course.
$2,195 plus GST
- Program fee includes 3-Day course tuition, all teaching materials, lunches and refreshments
- University of Saskatchewan's liability is limited to reimbursement of paid tuition fee
- Fees subject to change without notice