Edwards School of Business Academic Careers
The Edwards School of Business at the University of Saskatchewan is seeking two faculty members for one year limited term positions effective July 1, 2014.
The Edwards School of Business has an undergraduate business program with approximately 1,800 students. We also have thriving MBA, M.Sc. (Finance), and Masters of Professional Accounting programs. For more information on the Edwards School of Business, please visit our website at http://www.edwards.usask.ca. Current positions available are for limited terms to replace faculty on leave.
Limited Term Position in Finance and Management Science
The ideal candidate will have teaching interest/background in corporate finance and investments, and be willing to teach other introductory finance classes if necessary.
Limited Term Position in Management and Marketin
The ideal candidate will have teaching experience in the areas of Business Communications and Management.
Consistent with its goal of achieving business school accreditation, Edwards will recruit those individuals whose academic training and/or professional activities clearly align with our recruitment standards. Candidates must satisfy any one of the following faculty categories:
- Scholarly Academics sustain their currency and relevance through academic scholarship and related activities. Candidates would require a doctoral degree in an academic area clearly linked to the field in which they are expected to teach.
- Practice Academics sustain their currency and relevance through professional engagement and industry interaction. Besides holding a doctoral degree in an academic area clearly linked to the field in which they are expected to teach, the candidate would have undertaken substantive consulting, linkages to practice, or other forms of professional engagement.
- Instructional Practitioners must have initial academic preparation (including a graduate degree), professional experience and ongoing professional engagement. Professional experience must be current and substantial in terms of duration and level of responsibility, and clearly linked to the field in which the candidate is expected to teach. Professional engagement activities must be substantive and sustained at levels that support currency and relevance for Edwards’ mission.”
Applications must include:
- A letter of application, including a statement of citizenship/immigration status;
- A detailed and current curriculum vitae;
- Statements of teaching and research interests;
- A teaching dossier or evidence of teaching effectiveness that will include sample course syllabi/outlines, teaching evaluations and a statement of teaching philosophy and interests;
- Three current letters of reference forwarded by the referees directly to the Department Head at the address or email listed below.
For more information on any of these opportunities please contact:
Dr. Dev Mishra
Centre for Strategic Financial Management Scholar
Department Head, Finance and Management Science
Management and Marketing Position
Dr. John Rigby
Department Head, Management and Marketing
The University of Saskatchewan is located in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada. Saskatoon is a vibrant university city with a population approaching 270,000 people. The city is located on a river in the heartland of Saskatchewan. The city is well known for its summer festivals and riverbank events such as Shakespeare on the Saskatchewan, the Jazz Festival, the Children’s Festival and the Fringe Festival. It has a progressive university serving 22,000 students. For more information on the City of Saskatoon, please visit the following websites: http://tourismsaskatoon.com and http://www.downtownsaskatoon.com.
The University of Saskatchewan is strongly committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that empowers all employees to reach their full potential. All members of the university community share a responsibility for developing and maintaining an environment in which differences are valued and inclusiveness is practiced. The university welcomes applications from those who will contribute to the diversity of our community. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.